Saturday, September 27, 2008

Find the joy

0
That's my goal. In a time when opening the newspaper is just a informant of misery (the economy sucks! The environment sucks! The political structure of the world sucks!) I challenge myself to think of something RIGHT with the world, just so in my mind, I can justify the inherent goodness in mankind. Ok, maybe that's a little melodramatic, but I just mean that life's not long enough to wallow in self-pity right? I turned to music for my attempt today, plugging in 'happy' into the search bar of my iTunes, and picking the first song that my eyes sprang to, "Happy Kid" by Nada Surf, I played it then remember how it was actually a somewhat depressing song, about someone being a happy kid with the "heart of a sad punk". Fail!

Jason Mraz does make me happy though. I recently saw him play a gig at the Royal Albert Hall, which was a tad surreal. It was a good set, though not enough old songs for my liking, though he did a couple of amazing covers of "Build Me Up Buttercup" and "Three Little Birds". He had a few brass musicians and a gospel choir backing up his usual bassist, drummer and Toca (harmony and bongo maestro extraordinaire!) But it irritated me a little how a lot of people were just sitting down and not even moving. If you're just going to do that, you might as well not come, just listen to the CD!

"You and I Both" is a great song that makes me happy :)

No Response to "Find the joy"