Saturday, November 01, 2008

Well-intentioned, ill put into practice

0


Continuing in my series of photos... Still January 2008. Not entirely sure what this bowl shaped thingie is, haha! But I think it's some kind of religious thing. Located on the grounds of a shrine near Ding An county, East Hainan island.

http://www.roundtheworldexperts.co.uk/World-Trips/Under1000/trip07.php?gclid=CPDLouKC1ZYCFQWIlAodeg4t2w

How cool would this be?! An around the world trip for less than a grand, London, to LA, to Fiji, to Auckland (New Zealand), to Hong Kong, to back home again. If I ever get the chance (and money!) I REALLY REALLY want to do this. As small as it was, I really caught the bug for travelling and seeing different parts of the world while I'm still young and haven't lost the wonder for the world.

- Currently watching Heat on BBC2. This film is amazing, it's just past the infamous Pacino-DeNiro in a cafe . You can tell it's Michael Mann, same gritty and stylistic but not John Woo faux-balletic style slow motion shoot outs; same aerial views of LA by night with a car driving down a yellow lit, lonely street; same high intensity cop; frenetic action scenes. Just brilliant. The cast are all without exception excellent. And Robert De Niro and Al Pacino give performances worthy of their reputation, the excellent blend of sensitive and hard man, loud and quiet and more raw energy in their silent stares than most modern actors.
(and Hank Azaria, Amy Brenneman, young Natalie Portman and 'David Palmer' are from 24 in it, haha!)

- I have signed up for the NaNoWriMo, where entrants write a 50,000 word story in a month. I'm not sure if I can do it, I'm not sure if I have the time and/or the self-discipline. But I have always wondered if I have the mettle for writing, and this is as good a time as any, and maybe there'll be a support network to go with it. Time will tell, but I need like 4,000 words by tomorrow night and I'm currently on 170! :P

No Response to "Well-intentioned, ill put into practice"