Saturday, May 02, 2009

"What Can I Say"

4


Can you tell that I love clouds and sunsets? The song today is from Brandi Carlile, whom I believed I've bigged-up before, but still, most definitely worth a look-in. Feeling a little bit under the weather today (may have had a bearing on the picture) and not feeling particularly verbose so just a short one.

=> Links you should check out:

Days With My Father: A beautiful and touching photojournal from a son about his father in the last, but glorious, days of his life.

JapanCinema.net: a blog reviewing Japanese films (duh) This guy actually knows what he's talking about, and is nice enough to include clips you can check out if the review whets your appetite.

=> Would it be flippant to say I'm bored with swine flu? Don't get me wrong, my condolences go out to those who have lost friends or family to this ailment, but for people to be afraid to leave the house for that reason outside of Mexico... is that really proportionate? There's nothing that makes me take something less seriously than having it shoved in my face and it fast becoming a cliche.

=> When running in the bright sunshine at 2pm, wearing a dark long-sleeved T-shirt is not advisable.

=> French accents on women are just mmm...

=> I need to leave the country and soon. I'm getting more than a slight twinge of ennui with London, especially when the weather's grey and gloomy. It's actually pretty nice when it's sunny and you're in the park.

4 Response to "What Can I Say"

5 May 2009 at 13:48

Thanks for the shout out! I have to agree with you about Swine Flu, its getting ridiculous. I went to my local Walmart a few days ago and their were people stocking up on surgical masks and bottles of water. LOL I am quite bored with it too! Nice blog you have here, ill visit often!

Jo
6 May 2009 at 15:39

I love London. And the pictures are great! : )

Jo
6 May 2009 at 15:41

Oh, and I'm bored with swine flu too! I couldn't agree more with your opinion!

6 May 2009 at 20:38

Cello: No problem at all, you don't owe me thanks at all, I just think your good work should be recognised. With regards to swine flu, it's just a silly situation. People with face masks just walking around, even more ludicrously when they take them OFF to cough. And thanks, always nice to know I have a new visitor!

Jo: Thanks! I like the photos too :) They're not quite as good as yours though, mine are more touristy and yours are more art-y!