Tuesday, December 01, 2009

"Winter Song"

0
So, December 1st. I guess that means it is officially not too early to put up trees and listen to Christmas songs!


Here's a gem of a Christmas song. "Mistletoe" by Colbie Caillat.

I have it as part of the "The Hotel Cafe present Winter Songs" album. I believe it's quite a few years old, but still brilliant. The singers (all female, I'm not sure if that's purely coincidental) each bring a little of themselves with varying success to make this more than a mere karaoke pop compilation. Unlike this. Miley Cyrus? Really? If you look at the previous CDs in the Very Special Christmas albums, it'll make you shake your head and yearn for the past :D Far be it from me to question the current musical zeitgeist, but methinks the music industry were scraping the barrel a bit here! Get the Winter Songs album instead. Cover it in fake snow, make an event out of it.

No Response to ""Winter Song""