Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blossoms

6
First look at this



So you'll understand why I'm posting this:




Because finding your tranquility is sometimes just as easy as walking through your back garden. Thank goodness for Spring. It's hard to feel stressed or irritated at the increasingly monotone nature of working life when your friends are funny, the sun is shining and the greyness of the city is alleviated by the colour thrown about your day-to-day, like so many islands in the sea or oases in the desert.


Sorry I've been so lazy/overwhelmed/tired and thanks to those who haven't given up on me (you know who you are, AH and EW). Proper writing to follow as soon as I can kick myself up the arse hard enough.

6 Response to Blossoms

28 April 2010 at 16:33

Aww I saw these pics on your FB and they are very lovely. I was just talking to D about this the other day when I was feeling awfully frustrated about being in Winnipeg - it's because I work in the dodgiest part of the city, so I'm surrounded by crap every day. I think this weekend if it's nice I might just go spend an afternoon in a park - you've inspired me! And I will always be here, to kick you up the proverbial arse :)

28 April 2010 at 20:47

that's one of my favourite air songs. My walk to work is covered in cherry blossom at the moment, I'm going to be humming that tomorrow - thankyou!

29 April 2010 at 03:10

I've also been so tired and lazy recently. You're definitely not alone on that :)

I hope the nice weather has lifted your spirits by now. I adore cherry blossoms and would go seek some out if it weren't for these dreaded allergies.

29 April 2010 at 17:35

I'm so happy you are back in the blogosphere. Can't wait for another post. BTW-I love Air! Their music totally relaxes me. Lately, I have been in serious need of tranquility so thanks for reminding us we don't have to go too far to find it.

30 April 2010 at 22:13

GREAT song. Also, like the Polaroid. Thank goodness for spring indeed...

5 May 2010 at 00:29

EJ - You realise if you're going to steam ahead and type 'arse' there's not need for 'proverbial'? ;) Thanks though! Definitely thankful for the patches of colour that brighten up my grey days.

Emma - Any time :)

Dorkys - Mmm, I'm so glad (knock on wood) I haven't got any hay fever or things like that, I can't imagine not being able to just sit in a park without needing some antihistimines!

ALH - Air reminds me of my late teens :) Keep finding your tranquillity, and knock those exams out of the park!

Izzy - Haha, I told you they weren't real polaroids, no? I DID just buy an old school Diana camera, so watch this space!