Thursday, April 08, 2010

I love juxtapositions

9
I love it when there's a ukelele in a rock band.

I love it when a child is the best thing in a predominantly adult play.

I love it when you find a Japanese park in the middle of the very English West London.

I love it when someone is actual civil and helpful during rush hour traffic.

I love it when you hear a French accent pierce the severe halls of the British Museum.

I love it when you hear a Maths graduate wax lyrical about the subtle joys of Erik Satie.

I love it when you find a blooming flower in the midst of concrete and litter.

I love it when an old person uses Twitter.

I love it when you see your teacher/boss/parent drunk. 



The little things in life that challenge your expectations, that shatter your prejudices, that remind you that you don't know everything about the world.

9 Response to I love juxtapositions

8 April 2010 at 02:16

LOL, "I love it when an old person uses Twitter."

That right there straight up confuzzles me. My parents barely know how to use a cell phone and there are people eons older blogging and using Facebook.

Cool post and I'd love to see what would happen if there was a zen garden right in the middle of Times Square.

8 April 2010 at 02:19

I love to see that things are going well for you lately. You know how I can tell? Because our observations tend to reflect our mood and these are all great/happy/wonderful observations :)

8 April 2010 at 16:09

Ukes, hurdy-gurdies, and guqins! :D
Great post!

8 April 2010 at 19:11

I liked this happy post :) I also love when old people use Twitter, or Facebook, or even computers in general - when we first moved to Canada my nan went to the library and learned how to email and use a keyboard. They were always unpunctuated but completely adorable emails!!

Sam
10 April 2010 at 23:53

I personally hate seeing parents/bosses/etc drunk. And I wouldn't want them to see me drunk either! :)

11 April 2010 at 15:54

I love the Kyoto Garden as well! It's absolutely beautiful.

And is that a real polaroid? Because I would love love love to get some film, but I thought they had run out...

20 April 2010 at 17:38

Ahem...new post soon?

29 April 2010 at 19:57

WOW I agree with everything! LOL!

6 May 2010 at 10:09

I am about a month late in response now, but since I am now catching up in the Reader, this was a very cheery post and I love it!

Also, completely agree...juxtapositions are nice and interesting. It's like life's little reminders that things never have to be the way they seem.